Sunday, September 26, 2010

Why oh Why VS Express?

I've been developing in Visual Studio for a number of years. All the way back to Visual Studio 2001. Most of those years I've had a Standard version of visual studio at home to develop on. That is until recently. I left a full time gig I had to try out contracting, so I no longer had access to the profession versions of Visual Studio.

Woe is me! I've been using the Visual Studio Express 2010, and I can't even use project references? Why allow me to add multiple projects to a solution then?! I understand the need to limit functionality, I even get that Microsoft would not want users able to build standalone dlls with a free product, but to stop their users from even trying to tier their applications with project references? or to exclude their unit tests from their main project code?

</rant>

No comments:

Post a Comment